It’s Melanie’s birthday!
Deborah’s working on the Seascape Stole and doing even more sewing… but Melanie’s in birthday-mode with some tales of birthday past, some knit-lit, and lots more.
Plus, The Case Of The Ivory Needles (our original radio drama) nears its conclusion. Listen to the first four parts, if you’ve missed them.
Then, the girls bring back a word: cnyttan. Can you help to re-popularize it? (Can you pronounce it?)
The Savvy Girls will be at Vogue Knitting Live in New York this weekend, let us know if you’ll be there too!
What better way to celebrate a birthday than with presents?
That’s right… contest time!
- What’s your idea of the perfect knitting bag?
- Have you witnessed some knitwear meet its tragic end?
Send us your answers to either (or both) of these questions entries for a chance at some great prizes! (See below for more details.)
Music in this episode:
- David Francey – Red-Winged Blackbird
- Paul “Lolly” Lawton – How Long Do I Wait
- Red Molly – Black Flowers
- Stan Rogers – Mary Ellen Carter
- Kathryn Roberts & Sean Lakeman – Rosie Anderson
- Prizes include: a great book, or some special yarn from Manos Del Uruguay, Malabrigo, or 100 Pure Wool.
- How to enter? Easy:
- You’ve got until the end of February 2011 to send your entries in.
- Questions? Check out the Ravelry post for more info.