Today we celebrate Deborah’s birthday with a bonus episode!
Deborah goes shopping for presents for herself, Melanie sends her a present, and Deborah hosts a birthday knitting party.
What do YOU think about when you are in bed falling asleep?
Melanie tells of her encounter with “a big black woolly beast-monster“.
Patterns we discuss include:
- Ciara’s wedding afghan comes from this book.
- Sophisticated-Rustic Jacket from Interweave knits.
- The hat pattern comes from the company Mary Maxim.
No Bringing It Back word today, but we do make use of the terms yarn-spree and yarn-gasm. Is that good enough?
And Three Little Kittens totally trash some lovely hand-knit mittens. What a bunch of animals!
(On The Tree Top, by Clara Doty Bates and Others, 1881. Courtesy of the Gutenburg Project.)
Music used in this episode:
- Ordinary Day – Great Big Sea (with thanks to the Podsafe Music Network)
- The Knitting Song – “I want to knit myself a sweater” – Sophie Madeleine
- Doozer Knitting Song – Fraggle Rock, episode “The Great Radish Famine”